Duration: Half Day (Morning/Afternoon Sessions)
Prices From: TBA per delegate (excluding VAT)
Once a Project Mandate has been received, there is often uncertainty about how to define the project and get it under way. The PRINCE2® process of Starting Up a Project (SU) is a quick, resource-light method of doing this. This workshop will focus on the main elements of the project start-up process and suggest the next steps required to allow the project to pass into formal initiation. The outputs from this workshop will form the basis of the Project Initiation Document.
- o Principles and Best Practice
- o Workshop Agenda
- Project Definition
o Project Objectives (SMART)
o Project Scope and Exclusions
o Major Deliverables/Outcomes
o Constraints and Interfaces
o Project Tolerances
- Outline Business Case
o Alignment with Corporate Strategy
o Project Options
o Major Costs/Benefits
- Key Risks
- Customer Quality Expectations
- Acceptance Criteria
- Project Approach
o Options Considered
o Operational Environment
- Project Organisation Structure
o Project Board
o Other Roles
- Next Steps
o Planning the Initiation Stage
o Gaining Project Board Approval
This course will enable participants to:
- Understand the different interests that need to be represented on the Project Board and suggest possible candidates
- Set clear, realistic and measurable objectives for the project
- Define the scope of the project and identify major deliverables
- Understand the outline Business Case for the project
- Define the required quality levels
- Identify the key risks to the project
- Recommend the Project Approach
- Define the next steps to take the project into the Initiation Stage.
Who Will Benefit?
This workshop would benefit anyone involved in the early stages of a project: key stakeholders; potential Project Board members; and the Project Manager. Ideally, delegates should have knowledge of the PRINCE2 project management methodology, as this workshop will be based on this Best Practice process model.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.