Duration: Half Day (Morning/Afternoon Sessions)
Prices From: TBA per delegate (excluding VAT)
This PRINCE2® workshop will examine how to apply the planning process to prepare a plan within a project. It will focus on planning tools and their use, estimating, identifying resources, and scheduling. During the workshop delegates will design and create a draft plan.
- Principles and Best Practice
- Setting Project Objectives
- Documentation and Controls
- Tools and their Use
- Defining Products
- Identifying Dependencies
- Activities and Dependencies
- Critical Path Analysis
- Allocating Roles and Responsibilities
- Identifying Resources
- Level Resource Usage
- Work versus Duration
- Gantt Charts
- Measuring Progress
- Updating Actuals
- Assessing against Tolerance
- Handling Problems
- Exception Planning
- Contingency Plans
- Case Study
- Exercises and Discussions
- Designing a Plan
This course will enable participants to:
- Set clear realistic and measurable objectives
- Understand planning tools, techniques and their use
- Carry out Product-Based Planning
- Identify key activities, dependencies and Critical Paths
- Prepare project schedules, milestone and contingency plans
- Plan and allocate resources
- Document project plans in the most appropriate format
Who Will Benefit?
This workshop would benefit anyone managing projects, or involved in the productions of plans. Ideally, delegates should have completed a PRINCE2 Foundation course, as this workshop delves deeper into the planning process. As a minimum, participants should have relevant project planning experience and have attended a FGI Project Management overview.
Delegates will receive FGI Project Planning Workshop courseware including a relevant case study.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.