PRINCE2® Management Briefing
Duration: Half Day (Morning/Afternoon Sessions)
Prices From: TBA per delegate (excluding VAT)
PRINCE2 is now the most prevalent project management methodology, not only in the UK, but also worldwide. Devised by the UK's Cabinet Office, it is a key constituent of the Successful Delivery Toolkit and has been designated as Best Practice. It has become a standard across the public sector and is used increasingly by private sector organisations seeking to benefit from its structured approach and, in particular, from its means of establishing all projects upon and of measuring them against a sound business case.
This special half-day briefing will:
- Consider the nature and function of projects and their relationship to programmes;
- Highlight the most important characteristics of projects and those that are critical to successful outcomes;
- Outline the key elements of PRINCE2, as particularly relevant to Executive Management and members of Project Boards.
Specific subject areas covered will include:
- The context of change and how projects (and programmes) are used as vehicles to deliver that change;
- Differentiating projects from business-as-usual activities;
- Typical causes of project failure;
- Critical success factors, including the adoption of a proven management approach;
- The origins of PRINCE2 and drivers behind its development;
- The key features of PRINCE2, its components, processes and techniques;
- The organisation of a PRINCE2 project and the roles and responsibilities of senior management, especially in relation to the business case, project governance and the management of risk;
- The PRINCE2 Process Model;
- PRINCE2 Management Products, including the Project Initiation Document, the Business Case, project plans, the risk and issue logs and project reporting.
Who Will Benefit?
The briefing is focused upon the needs of managers, rather than upon those of project team members or support personnel. It is therefore ideal for Chief Executives and directors, along with other senior managers and public officers. It will be of benefit to organisations considering the introduction of a structured approach to project management, as well as those already using PRINCE2.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.