PRINCE2® for Project Board Members
Duration: 1 day
Prices From: TBA per delegate (excluding VAT)
However experienced in their own areas, Project Board Members may be less sure of how to be effective as a member of a PRINCE2 Project Board. This course, run as a workshop of duration as required, equips Project Board Members with the PRINCE2 terminology and concepts, and prepares them to operate in different project board situations. It familiarises them with the PRINCE2 decision-making processes and will show them how to maintain the momentum of the project in the right direction, with the least bureaucracy. Delegates should come equipped with details of a current or proposed project on which to work during the event.
- Projects in the business context; project lifecycles
- Overview of Project and Programme organisation
- Roles and responsibilities of Project Board Members; Project Assurance
- Roles and responsibilities of the Project Manager; Project Support
- Preparation, review and approval of the Business Case
- Review and approval of the Project Brief
- Review and approval of the Project Initiation Document: Initiating the project
- Monitoring and appraising progress; dealing with Issues, Exceptions and Risks
- Decision making at significant events
- Closing the project
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the strategy/business need/project lifecycle
- Understand their individual and collective responsibilities and accountabilities related to their pivotal position in steering the project
- Appreciate the factors that they should consider in establishing the project's management environment
- Prepare, review and approve a Business Case, review/approve a Project Brief initiate a project based on sound evaluation of the project rationale, plans, risks, etc. with clear terms of reference and agreed accountabilities for themselves and the Project Manager
- Effectively monitor and appraise the progress of a project at the appropriate level of detail
- Identify the significant events in a project at which decisions should be made to continue, re-scope or terminate a project
- Evaluate the success of a project
Who Will Benefit?
Managers who have been, or are about to be, appointed to a PRINCE2 Project Board.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.