ITIL® Service Operation Overview
Duration: 1 day
Prices From: TBA per delegate (excluding VAT)
The recently revised ITIL Best Practice framework for IT Service Management now includes broader IT Service Management disciplines within its scope. The ITIL guidance is structured around a Service Lifecycle approach, with each of the five phases of the lifecycle being defined in the five core volumes of ITIL. Although plans for creating a new qualification structure are in place, many of these courses and qualifications are not yet available. FGI is the first training provider to offer overview courses in each of the core volumes, enabling delegates to access the guidance and gain a head start in adopting the latest Best Practice. This one-day introduction to the Service Operation volume will be of interest to delegates wishing to obtain knowledge of practices within the Service Lifecycle context. The prime focus is the Lifecycle itself, the use of process and practice elements used within it and the management capabilities needed to deliver quality Service Management practices in an organisation.
- Service Management as a Practice
- What is Service Management?
- What are Services?
- Functions and Processes across the Lifecycle
- Service Strategy Fundamentals
- Service Operation – Business Value
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Request Fulfilment
- Problem Management
- Access Management
- Service Operation Functions
- IT Operations Management
- Application Management
- Service Operation and Project Management
- Links to Service Design and Transition
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
This course will enable delegates to:
- Understand Service Operation principles
- Gain a good knowledge of Service Operation processes
- Gain an awareness of common Service Operation activities
- Identify functions for organising Service Operation
- Understand technology considerations for Service Operation
- Understand and analyse implementation approaches and considerations, challenges, critical success factors and risks
Who Will Benefit?
All Service Management professionals who are interested in the latest Best Practice guidance contained in ITIL, particularly those who have an operational responsibility for IT Services provision within their organisation.
Delegates must hold the Foundation certificate in ITIL Service Management in order to attend this course.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.