ITIL® Service Desk & Incident Management
Duration: 3 daysPrices From: £945 per delegate (excluding VAT)
The ITIL Service Desk and Incident Management course provides candidates with an understanding of the principles of, and practical experience of using, industry best practice involved in operating, monitoring, reporting, implementing, planning and improving a Service Desk and the management of incidents.
It is an interactive course, combining presentation sessions and group exercises, with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion. On completion of the course and the required personal study, delegates will be able to sit the ISEB Specialist Certificate in Service Desk and Incident Management worth 1.5 credits towards the ITIL Expert qualification.
The course is inclusive of examinations, post course tutor support, and pass guarantee.
- Introduction to ITSM and SDIM
- History and Context of ITSM
- Good Practice and Frameworks: ITIL, COBIT, ISO20000
- Goals and Objectives
- Key Roles and Functions
- Service Desk Function and Incident Management Process
- SDIM Concepts and Principles
- ITIL and SDIM
- Incident Management Process
- ISO20000 and SDIM
- Tools, Methods and Techniques
- SDIM Roles and Responsibilities
- SFIA and SDIM
- ITIL and SDIM Roles
- Control, Measurement and Reporting Activities
- COBIT and SDIM
- Analysis of Incidents, Statistics and Trends
- Interfaces and Dependencies
- Planning, Improvement and Implementation
This course will enable participants to:
- Explain the goal and objectives of the Service Desk and Incident Management and the related activities, roles and functions;
- Use different approaches to, and application of, standards, industry best practice frameworks and guidelines, relevant to SDIM;
- Develop and improve the customer and business focus of SDIM;
- Use and apply the Incident Management process to manage the resolution of incidents by the Service Desk and all other areas of IT;
- Be aware of the support tools and techniques available;
- Produce SDIM reports for dissemination and interpret and use their contents;
- Understand the interdependencies between SDIM and other IT areas and processes;
- Assist with the planning and implementation of SDIM.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is aimed at those working, or preparing to work, in a Service Desk function and/or within an Incident Management process whether at a technical, operational, supervisory or managerial level.
This course may also be of interest to Project Managers, Business Managers and Business Process Owners.
Individuals requiring a working knowledge of the industry best practice used in SDIM and how it may be used to enhance the quality of ITSM within an organisation will also find this course beneficial.
It will also be of interest to IT professionals who are working within an organisation which has adopted and adapted some of these practices and are required to deliver or improve SDIM within an on-going Service Improvement Programme (SIP).
- 25 scenario-based, multiple-choice questions, closed book
- 90 minutes
- 16 out of 25 (64%) pass mark
Delegates must hold the ITIL Service Management Foundation certificate and should ideally have at least two years' experience working within the Service Desk or Incident Management.
Delegates will receive a copy of FGI's ITSM Specialist Certificate in Service Desk and Incident Management courseware.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.