Duration: 3 daysPrices From: £595 per delegate (excluding VAT)
The ITIL Foundation course provides candidates with a firm understanding of IT service management best practice and covers the underlying principles and processes of service management.
The course is inclusive of courseware, examinations, refreshments & lunch, post course tutor support, and pass guarantee.
The course is in the format of a detailed, modular introduction to the concepts. It covers terms, definitions, benefits, objectives, and relationships within the IT Service Management lifecycle. The course is based on the principles described in the five Core ITIL Service Management books.
The course is interactive, combining presentation sessions and group exercises, with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion. On completion of the course and the required personal study, delegates will be able to sit the ITIL Foundation Certificate in Service Management examination worth 2 credits.
1. Course Introduction
3. Best Practice in Service Management
4. The Service Lifecycle Approach to Service Management
5. The Five Core Volumes:
- Service Strategy - Provides guidance on how to design, develop and implement Service Management, not only as an organisational capability but also as a strategic asset. Service Strategy is about ensuring that organisations are in a position to handle the costs and risks associated with the services they deliver. Decisions made with respect to Service Strategy have far-reaching consequences, including those with delayed effect.
- Service Design - Provides guidance on how to design, develop services and Service Management processes. Service Design covers design principles and methods for converting strategic objectives into portfolios of services and service assets. Service Design guides organisations on how to develop design capabilities for Service Management.
- Service Transition - Provides guidance on the transition of new and changed services into live operations. It provides guidance on managing the complexity related to changes - preventing undesired consequences while allowing for innovation.
- Service Operation - Provides guidance on achieving effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery and support of services to ensure value for money. Guidance is provided on maintaining stability, fixing problems, scheduling operations, controlling demand and optimising capacity utilisation while allowing for changes from both the reactive and proactive perspectives.
- Continual Service Improvement - Provides guidance on how to design, develop and implement Service Management, not only as an organisational capability but also as a strategic asset.
6. Summary and Review
This course will enable participants to:
- Understand ITIL and what it can do for Service Management;
- Understand how to implement ITIL, maximize your benefits while minimising your risks and costs; and
- Understand leadership's role in the successful application of ITIL.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is aimed at individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and wish to know how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organisation.
IT professionals who are working with an organisation that has adopted and adapted ITIL and who need to be informed about and, therefore, contribute to an on-going service improvement programme.
A general level of IT literacy, a background in IT or experience gained in the liaison between IT and the business itself would be useful.
- Forty multiple-choice questions
- Closed book
- 60 minutes
- 65% pass mark (26/40)
Delegates will receive a copy of FGI's ITIL Foundation in Service Management courseware, along with a Glossary of ITIL Terms and Acronyms.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.