ITIL® Service Strategy
Duration: 3 daysPrices From: £799 per delegate (excluding VAT)
The ITIL Intermediate Certificate in Service Strategy forms part of the Lifecycle series of Intermediate certification modules, which can be taken as stand-alone qualifications or with a view to amassing sufficient credits to gain the ITIL Service Management Expert qualification. It will give candidates a deep level of understanding of Service Strategy processes and roles.
The course is inclusive of courseware, examinations, refreshments & lunch, post course tutor support, and pass guarantee.
This course is intended to enable delegates with a Foundation-level knowledge of IT Service Management to apply good practice in processes pertaining to the Service Strategy lifecycle phase.
The course is interactive, combining presentation sessions and group exercises, with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion. On completion of the course and the required personal study, delegates will be able to sit the ITIL Intermediate examination in Service Strategy worth 3 credits.
1. Introduction to Service Strategy
- Purpose, Goals and Objectives
- Scope of Service Strategy
- Service Strategy and Business
2. Value Service Strategy Principles
- Approach to Strategy
- Strategy and Opposing Dynamics
- Outperforming Competitors
- The Four Ps of Service Strategy
- Utility and Warranty
- Assets – Customer, Service and Strategic
- Service Providers
- Defining Services
- Strategies for Customer Satisfaction
- Service Economics
- Sourcing Strategy
- Strategy Inputs and Outputs Service
3. Strategy Processes
- Service Portfolio Management
- Financial Management for IT Services
- Demand Management
- Business Relationship Management
- What is Governance?
- How Service Strategy Relates to Governance
- Governance Framework
- Governance Bodies
- Setting the Strategy for Governance
- Evaluate, Direct, Monitor Organising Service Strategy
5. Organisational Development
- Organisational Departmentalisation
- Organisational Design
- The Role of Service Owner and Business Relationship Manager
- Strategy, Portfolio, Financial, and Demand Roles
6. Technology Considerations
- Service Automation
- Service Interfaces
7. Implementing Service Strategy
- Implementation through the Lifecycle
- Following a Lifecycle Approach
- The Impact of Service Strategy on Other Lifecycle Stages
8. Challenges, CSFs and Risks
This course will enable participants to:
- Understand the importance of Service Strategy in the overall context of Service Management;
- Understand Service Strategy Principles and Processes;
- Carry out common Service Strategy activities;
- Organise Service Strategy effectively;
- Recognise Service Strategy technology-related activities;
- Understand how to implement Service Strategy; and
- Understand and analyse challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks related to Service Strategy.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is aimed at individuals who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications. It will give delegates a detailed understanding of the ITIL Service Strategy phase of the ITIL core lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation.
Individuals who may find this course of interest include IT professionals working within or about to enter a Service Strategy environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the processes, functions and activities involved, as well as those who are seeking the ITIL Expert qualification in IT Service Management.
- Eight complex multiple-choice questions (multi-part, scenario-based, gradient-scoring), closed book
- 90 minutes
- 70% pass mark (28/40)
Delegates must hold the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management (either v3 Foundation or v1/v2 Foundation plus Bridge) and should ideally have at least two years’ experience in IT Service Management.
Delegates will receive a copy of FGI’s ITIL Intermediate Certificate in Service Strategy courseware, along with the required extracts from the Service Strategy volume of the ITIL Core Books.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.