ITIL® Service Transition & Service Operation Combined
Duration: 5 daysPrices From: £1,299 per delegate (excluding VAT)
The ITIL Service Transition & Service Operation Combined Course form part of the Lifecycle series of Intermediate certification modules, which can be taken as stand-alone qualifications or with a view to amassing sufficient credits to gain the ITIL Service Management Expert qualification.
In order to maximise the use of your valuable time, FGI has combined two of the ITIL Intermediate modules into one intensive course that will give candidates a deep level of understanding of the management and control of Service Transition and Service Operation and the interfaces between them and the other stages of the Service Lifecycle.
The course is inclusive of courseware, examinations, refreshments & lunch, post course tutor support, and pass guarantee.
This course is intended to enable delegates with a Foundation-level knowledge of IT Service Management to apply good practice in processes pertaining to the Service Transition and Service Operation lifecycle phases.
The course is intensive and interactive, combining presentation sessions and group exercises, with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion. On completion of the course and the required personal study, delegates will be able to sit the ITIL Intermediate examinations in Service Transition and Service Operation, both worth 3 credits.
1. Introduction to Service Transition
- Purpose, Goals, Objectives and Scope
- Business Value
- Interfaces with Other Lifecycle Phases
- Service Operation Fundamentals
2. Service Transition Principles
- Key Policies
- Optimising Service Transition
- Inputs and Outputs
3. Service Operation Principles
- Achieving Balance
- Providing Good Service
- Core Guidance References
- Operational Health
- Service Operation Inputs and Outputs
4. Service Transition Processes
- Transition Planning and Support
- Change Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Service Validation and Testing
- Change Evaluation
- Knowledge Management
5. Service Operation Processes
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Access Management
- Request Fulfilment
6. Managing People through Service Transitions
- Managing Communications and Commitment
- Managing Organisational and Stakeholder Change
- Stakeholder Management
7. Common Service Operation Activities
- Monitoring and Control
- IT Operations
- Server and Mainframe Management and Support
- Network Management
- Storage and Archive
- Database Administration
- Directory Services Management
- Desktop and Mobile Device Support
- Middleware Management
- Internet/web Management
- Facilities and Data Centre Management
- Operational Activities across the Lifecycle
- Improvement of Operational Activities
8. Organising Service Transition
- Organisational Context and Development
- Organizational Structures
- Service Desk
- IT Operations Management
- Technical Management
- Application Management
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Relationship with Other Lifecycle Phases
9. Technology Considerations
10. Implementation and Improvement of Service Transition and Service Operation
11. Challenges, CSFs and Risks
This course will enable participants to:
- Understand the importance of Service Transition and Service Operation in the overall context of Service Management
- Understand Service Transition and Service Operation Principles and Processes
- Manage people through Service Transitions;
- Perform common Service Operation activities;
- Organise Service Transition and Service Operation effectively;
- Recognise Service Transition and Service Operation technology-related activities
- Understand how to implement and improve Service Transition and Service Operation
- Understand and analyse challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks related to Service Transition and Service Operation
Who Will Benefit?
This course is aimed at individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management (either v3 Foundation or v1/v2 Foundation plus Bridge) and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications.
It will give delegates a detailed understanding of the ITIL Service Transition and Service Operation phases of the ITIL core lifecycle and how they may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation.
Individuals who may find this course of interest include IT professionals working within or about to enter a Service Transition and Service Operation environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the processes, functions and activities involved, as well as those who are seeking the ITIL Expert qualification in IT Service Management.
Delegates will sit the Intermediate Service Transition examination on the third day of the course and the Intermediate Service Operation examination on the final day of the course.
- Eight complex multiple-choice questions (multi-part, scenario-based, gradient-scoring)
- Closed book
- 90 minutes
- 70% pass mark (28/40)
Delegates will receive a copy of FGI's ITIL Service Transition & Service Operation Combined courseware.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.